Market Research of Graphite Industry in China

Report edition: 2019 edition(1)
Finished time:
Document type: PDF
Total pages : 55
Language version: English
Published by CCM
   USD 6,600
   USD 16,500

All the prices on this website exclude VAT.
  • Introduction
  • Main contents
  • List of tables
  • List of figures


Obvious oversupply can be found in graphite mining industry in China. Estimated at an average grade of 8% and recovery rate of 90%, the design capacity in 2017 means that at least 1.63 million tonnes of graphite could be achieved. However, annual consumption of graphite in China fell in the 0.55 million tonnes–0.70 million tonnes range during 2013–2018; even the global consumption was somewhere around 1.20 million tonnes–1.30 million tonnes.

In 2018, the average price of -195 flake graphite in China was about USD707/t (RMB4,670/t) down about 10% than that in 2017. Main reason for the decreasing price is the increasing domestic supply, up by about 5%, which drives the price down to a more reasonable level.

For a long time, backward deep-processing technologies made Chinese graphite products stay at lower end with little added value. Though producers are in fierce competition, China’s graphite market is flooded with low-end products while high-end ones are in short supply. Techniques to produce advanced products like flexible graphite and fluorographite polymer are strictly controlled by a few developed countries. Demands for them are mainly satisfied by import.

In general, consumption volume of graphite in China has shown an increase in recent years, owing to the strong demand from downstream industries, especially in strategic emerging industries. In 2018, domestic consumption volume of graphite was about 685,000 tonnes. In terms of product type, about 80% of the graphite consumed domestically is crystalline graphite and the rest 20% is cryptocrystalline graphite.

Objectives of this report are to present an in-depth and comprehensive view of Chinese graphite market. CCM's goal of this research is to determine the current status of Chinese graphite industry and assess its growth potential from 2019 to 2023. Having accumulated profound understanding on industrial chains of graphite, CCM presents an insight into graphite market and future trends, together with its industry structure.

The report is based on data sourced by diverse methods. The data collected and compiled was variously sourced from telephone interviews, published magazines, journals, government statistics and CCM’s database, etc. Data obtained from various sources have been combined and cross-checked to ensure that this report is as accurate and methodologically sound as possible.

The key market players in graphite industry are profiled in details. Key market participants studied include Jixi Changyuan Mining Co., Ltd., Luobei Southsea Graphite Co., Ltd., Luobei Haida Graphite Co., Ltd., and Jixi Northeast Asia Mineral Resources Co., Ltd.

Scope of the report
Region: China
Time: 2013–2018
Product: graphite
Aspects: production, price, consumption

To enquire about this report, please email or call +86-20-37616606.

CCM Customized Service on Market Research

Do you want Import & Export Analysis, Financial Data, Cost Analysis, Supply Chain Research etc. ? We will customize the specific research for you, in case the services listed above does not meet your precise requirements. Our product and industry research in China’s agriculture, chemicals, food & ingredients and life science markets will comprehensively cover the business information, which is able to help you arrive at strategic and profitable business decisions.

Please directly contact to specify your Market Research Requirement